Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Road Trip Part 1

I meant to write about our Thanksgiving trip as we were going along, but I got busy and caught up in the fun!  I'm writing this post on our last night of the trip from my 31st floor hotel room in the Chicago Loop.  Such an amazing and beautiful sight with Millenium Park and Lake Michigan outside our window.  But, I'll get to that in a later post.

Hubby and I went to work Monday and left that afternoon for St. Louis.  Mom was waiting for us at our apartment so we could leave as quickly as possible.  We pulled into our hotel by the Gateway Arch at about 11:15.  The real fun began the next day.

We loaded up Tuesday morning and after a quick breakfast at Panera Bread Company, we headed to the Anheiser-Busch Brewery for a tour.  I learned a lot more than I ever needed to know about how beer is made, especially considering none of us drink beer.  The purpose for going on the tour and the best part of the tour was being able to see the beautiful Clydesdale horses.  Here are a couple quick shots I got on my iPhone.  These huge horses are magnificent!



After the tour, we headed on into Springfield, Illinois, for some lunch.  Let me just tell you that Cozy Dog Drive-In is a great stop for a quick lunch.  They are famous for their Cozy Dogs, which are not just your typical corn dogs.  They are the best corn dogs I have ever had.

This is the lunch we all shared.

After our lunch stop, we headed on into the Chicagoland area.  We visited with our friend, Chris, and had dinner with him before calling it a night.  What a great start to our Thanksgiving trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment