Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again!

It's that time of year again!  What time of year?  It's the holiday season.  It's time to start getting ready for the holidays.  To me that means I need to get around to picking out and ordering our Christmas cards.  Last year was the first year I jumped on the photo card bandwagon.  And I just want to say, I love them.  I love getting them and seeing all the cute pictures.  It's a way to see how much kids have grown, where people have traveled over the past year, and just a way to see all the smiling faces of friends and family.  So I thought I would do the same and start doing photo cards for our family.  Last year, I ordered two different sets.  I ordered a set for mom, Mike, and me to send to friends and family that we all know.  I also ordered a set for just Mike and me to send to our fiends and family.

I have been mulling over what to order and just plain old procrastinating when I saw another blog that talked about a special promotion from Shutterfly.  It was an offer to get 50 free Christmas cards if you blog about your Christmas cards.

First of all, let me say I love Shutterfly.  I love all the neat gifts you can buy.  I have a whole list made of what I want to give when we finally have a baby.  Grandparents, look out!  You will be getting photo books, calendars, and even some home decor all with beautiful pictures of your grandbabies.  While I may not set the world on fire ordering from Shutterfly right now, I know they will be a staple after we have kids.  Christmas time is the perfect time to place orders.  They are offering a lot of specials and discounts now.  I love saving money on things I want to buy anyway.  Besides Christmas cards, I will be ordering a photo book after our upcoming trip to Disney World.  I love making photo books!!!  My only problem is choosing which one!

Here are the Christmas cards I think I'm going to order this year.

This is the card for the whole family.

The is the card for Mike and I.
I was going to upload the finished cards, but then decided against it in case I change my mind about what pictures.  There are tons of fabulous card designs.  You can check them out here.  Also, fellow bloggers if you would like to participate in the promotion, check out Shutterfly and register your blog here.  It is open to blogs of any size.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed in the selection!

1 comment:

  1. Shutterfly is a dangerous site. We have found that using the photobooks from them though is cheaper than printing everything out, buying all the supplies and scrapbooking the "old fashioned" way. Nice to know there is a fellow shutterfly fan out there. :)

    ReplyDelete