Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Frustration

Since we are going to be out of town for Thanksgiving all next week, I thought I would get ahead of the game and get all the Christmas decorating done.  Hubby was gone last night and again tonight for class so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get started decorating.  For the size of our apartment we have A LOT of Christmas stuff.

My goal was to get started with our big pre-lit tree.  I had hubby get it set up on Sunday so that all I would have to do is decorate it.  Well, the top section of the tree decided it no longer wanted to be pre-lit.  I went to Wal-Mart after school yesterday and bought one of those light tester/fixer contraptions and spent the next 2 hours pulling out every bulb in that section searching for the bad apple.  There were none!!!!

I decided to call it quits and thought maybe I just couldn't figure out the tester/fixer contraption.  When hubby got home, we repeated the whole process and still couldn't find the bad bulb.  Our solution: we will just buy new lights and redo the top section of the tree.  If anyone has any other adivce, please let me know!!!!!

The bright spot of the Christmas tree fiasco:  our sweet Sadie Rose, who after being around this tree for 3 years hasn't lost her joy of chilling in the tree!

1 comment:

  1. We're looking to buy a tree this year - we usually do real ones - and bc of this very reason, we're staying away from the pre-lit ones! That would drive me batty!

    Cute cat :)

    ReplyDelete