Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Ahead



I have been very sporadic about posting on the old bloggy and I ask myself why.  I think it's because I have been trying to figure out what kind of blog I wanted it to be.

Did I want it to be about the daily happenings in our life?

Did I want it to be about the thoughts swirling in my head?

Did I want to write stuff that would get readers?

Did I want to talk about our travels?

Did I want to write about the fun, new recipes I tried out?

The answer to all of those questions is yes.  I have been so busy worried about what kind of posts I wanted to include that I just pretty much quit posting altogether.  I have come to realize that my blog isn't going to be just like any of the blogs I read.  I'm not just like any of those people.  I tried to hide who I was to be like others.  That shouldn't be my goal.

I am a wife, daughter, teacher, traveler, foodie.  Most of the blogs I read are by mothers.  That's fantastic!  I can't wait to be a mother, but that's not who I am yet.  I love reading about their experiences because I know it offers me insight to things I will be encountering in the future (hopefully, not too far off).  In the meantime, I want to make this blog what the title says it is: a journal.  Journals can include all sorts of things.  It can be about what's going on in our life.  It can be about my thoughts, hopes, dreams, sadnesses. It can be about where I have been or where I am going.

I am going to stop trying to pigeon-hole this blog and make it mine in this new year.

Speaking of new year, my resolution for the new year is: TRUST!

I'm not talking about trust in humans, I want to fully put all my trust in God.  I want to slow down and listen to what he is telling me and guiding me to do.  I think this path will relieve a lot of the stress and worries that I put on myself.  This trust will hopefully lead me to a more peaceful and serene life.

I hope everyone has a blessed 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment