Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty low-key weekend compared to our last several and it was pretty nice.  I went down to Central Arkansas since hubby had to take his last Praxis test on Saturday morning.  The Praxis is the test teachers have to take in order to get their license.  Hopefully, he passed and will be done with having to study and prepare for it.

Before the test, we went and had breakfast at the local diner in town and it was good.  I always get biscuits and gravy, one with regular white gravy and one with chocolate gravy.  Yummy and I even had leftovers to eat later.  If you haven't had chocolate gravy, you should definitely try it.  It's definitely a southern thing.  I can't wait to have kids so I can make it for them.  Since hubby is a California boy, he's not into the gravy thing so I don't get to make it now because I definitely don't need to eat it all.

After his test, we were real kids and went and saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  It was definitely worth going to see it at the theater again; it is such a pretty movie. 

Hubby was off today so he came back to NWA with me yesterday.  We only had inservice today so I got to go have lunch with him before he had to head back down to get ready for work tomorrow.

One of the things I really wanted to work on this year is deepening my faith and living my faith more.  The church we attend in Central Arkansas (the church we were married in) is starting a 50 day devotional series through a Facebook group.  It began yesterday and I am so excited about it.  It is definitely what I need right now.  If you are interested, anyone is welcome.  Just click here to get the daily How Great Is Our God devotional.

1 comment:

  1. I am from Virginia, and I have never liked gravy...weird, huh? But chocolate gravy?! I never heard of such a thing!! How do you make it?
    The Bible study sounds great!

    ReplyDelete