Friday, February 18, 2011

Five Question Friday

Well, Mr. Friday, I'm so glad you are here.  You could not have come at a better time.  This has been a long, busy week.  Plus, this is the first five day week we have had in a long time.  And, there are no more parent/teacher conference nights until next school year!  Now on to Five Question Friday!




1. Have you worn the same outfit more than one day in a row?  I do occasionally wear to work on Monday what I wore to church on Sunday.  I also occasionally wear the same pair of jeans two days in a row.  All of this is contingent on the condition of the clothes. (i.e.  Did I spill any food on it?)  I am a messy eater so it doesn't always work out.  I usually put on a new shirt if I am wearing the same jeans and I ALWAYS put on clean underwear.

2. If you had to choose any LARGE city to live in, which would it be?  If I had to live in a big city it would probably be Chicago.  We have friends and family that live in the Chicago area so it would be nice to be close to them.  We visit Chicago a couple of times each year, so we would already kind of know where some things are.  Chicago has lots of neat things to see and do (museums, zoos, aquarium, theatre, etc.  However, I'm not really much of a big city girl and I think transportation would become an issue.  Driving and traffic would send me over the edge and public transportation can also be very time consuming.  It seems to take forever to cover short distances.  Also, I would only go if my mom moved to the area with us.

3. Fly or drive with the kids on vacation?  We don't have kids yet, but we will probably drive on most of our vacations for two reasons.  First, the cost.  It is expensive to fly out of Arkansas.  It is cheaper to drive and stop in hotels along the way.  Second, I don't pack light enough.  I want to have all the comforts of home when I am on vacation.  I can't imagine adding a child and all their paraphernalia to the mix.  I also know that a lot of our vacations will continue to be to Disney World since we are members of the Disney Vacation Club.  I take a lot with us and we also tend to buy stuff there that we will need to get back home.  I'm not opposed to flying and do want my kids to get that experience so I'm sure we will fly some. 

4. What is your idea of "spring cleaning"?  Umm.....I don't really have an idea of spring cleaning.  Should this be something I participate in?  I try to keep the house somewhat tidy all the time, which I'm pretty successful in.  I don't like doing huge cleaning sessions, so I guess my idea of spring cleaning would be to hire someone to come in and do all the major cleaning project for me (windows, baseboards, etc.)

5. What is the best book you have ever read?  That is like an impossible question to answer.  I usually think that the last book I read is my favorite because I am so engrossed in it and the characters.  I love to read and read all kinds of different books.  I read a mix of adult fiction, adolescent fiction (I am a teacher!), and some nonfiction (usually biographies).  Hubby and I have also made a point to do a bible study together at night before we fall asleep.  You can never go wrong reading the Bible.  So I don't guess I really have a favorite, although the Harry Potter series is close to the top.  While I loved reading them, what makes them so special is that they got Hubby to read for fun!

1 comment:

  1. I wear the same jeans for two days too, sometimes three depending on if it was a full day or just for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete