Monday, October 18, 2010

Race for the Cure


This weekend I headed back to Central Arkansas to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  It was an amazing time.  I joined a team with my mom and her school, which used to be my school (for my first 5 years of teaching).  I miss those lovely ladies.  They were so great to teach with and I truly enjoyed getting to see and catch up with them for a couple of hours, especially for such a worthy cause.  There were more than 45,000 of us running/walking through downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock.  This was my second time to participate and look forward to making it a yearly tradition.  I came away feeling refreshed, inspired, and like we can make a difference in the fight against Breast Cancer.

Mom and me in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel pre-race.
The Eastside Elementary team I raced with.
The Little Rock firemen dancing and throwing beads on top of their firetruck!

No comments:

Post a Comment