Friday, January 8, 2010

Road Trip

I leaving today for a road trip.  Well, it's not really much of a road trip, but 2 1/2 hours down the road feels more like a road trip since I'm doing it by myself.  Well, not really by myself.  I'll have our cat Sadie.  I'm sure she can protect me. ;)  Since we have no school again today (Man, next week is gonna kill me having to work all five days and all!),  I am going to head to central Arkansas this morning.  I am going to go have lunch with my mom at her school and see all the people I used to work with there.  I miss them.  I worked there for five years and have known some of them since I was a kid.  I went to school there, too.  Then, I told mom I would go grocery shopping for her this afternoon.  I though I would be nice since she has had to work harder than me this week.  Not that that was too difficult to do since I haven't worked at all.  Then, Mike is coming home (our house there) for dinner!  Yay!  I'm so excited to see him.  I have really missed him just being around.  Just the opportunity to spend a few hours together will make things seem like old times.  I will will be able to pretend that things didn't change.  I don't regret the decision we made for him to go back in the military, but that doesn't mean that it's always easy to accept that decision.  This is the third day he has been in charge of their little group at Camp Robinson.  He doesn't take that responsibility lightly, either.  When we are talking on the phone at night, he is usually writing out the schedule for the next day.  I know he is a good leader and takes every assignment they give him seriously.  But, tonight he get to take the evening off and just be Mike, not soldier Mike.  I can't wait.  I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend!  I know I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment