Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Praying for My Guy!

I finally got my first two letters from Mike in the mail today.  I was so relieved when I saw the envelopes in the mailbox today.  But when I opened them and read the little index cards inside, my heart sank.  He is miserable.  I can't imagine being treated like men in OCS are being treated.  True, they are supposed to be getting tough.  True, this is supposedly the hardest OCS in the county.  But, I really just want to say, "STOP TREATING MY HUSBAND LIKE THAT!  RIGHT NOW!!!"  Not that anyone will listen, but it feels better to just get it out.  You may be wondering about what is so bad.  They are getting smoked, a lot.  What does that mean?  That is military talk for doing lots and lots of push-ups, sit-ups, etc...  They have also had their barracks torn up and their lockers dumped out.  They are getting very little sleep and hearing a lot of yelling.  I think that is the worst part for Mike.  It brings back some not-so-happy memories from his childhood.  I am praying that God will give him the strength and courage to continue on and not be beat down.  I know Mike wants to do this so that he can provide for our family.  I also found out today that one of the guys from Arkansas was injured and sent home today.  I pray that God will protect my Mike from injury, as well.  But, I know in my heart that His Will will be done!  Thanks to everyone who is sending prayers and good thoughts Mike's way!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I knew it was coming, but didn't dare say anything in hopes that it wouldn't happen. My brother went through something very similar. They tore up their barracks and lockers and yelled at them to clean it up. Well, when my brother didn't clean it up and talked back, they disciplined him by telling him he would graduate from boot camp 2 weeks later than everyone else. So, he got to endure boot camp for 2 more weeks than he was supposed to. It sucks, but hopefully Mike will be able to keep his composure and his head held high and get through this. I'm praying for him, you, and all the other men and women going through Military Training.

    ReplyDelete