Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yesterday morning we woke up and headed to Branson for a quick trip to check out the lights and get into the holiday spirit.  Let me just tell you that this little trip worked miracles for the "Scrooge-ness" I have been feeling so far.  It was cold, so it felt like Christmas and there were so many lights.  At Silver Dollar City, the highlight was definitely the 5-story Christmas tree!


The lights twinkle and dance to music.  It was so refreshing to see it.  While at SDC, we saw a show that featured a lot of different songs to celebrate the season.  It was nice that the focus of the show was the true meaning of Christmas: the birth of Jesus Christ.  My heart was just bursting with joy after hearing all that music.  I felt blessed and privileged to hear the beautiful music.  We even bought some CD's so be able to relive that music.


This is the group Pure Heart that we heard.  Two of these ladies are sisters and they have been best friends with the other one since growing up.  That bond really shines in their singing and harmony.  


This is Tracy Heaston and he is a piano extraordinaire.  He is also amazing on just about every percussion instrument known to man.  

This little getaway is exactly what I needed to get me into the holiday spirit and really believe that it's the most wonderful time of the year.  Here are some family pics taken at SDC.

Always in that Razorback spirit!

Mom and I trying to adjust to the cold!

I am going to leave you with a video of the tree lighting at SDC.  I took this video with my iphone, but you can still enjoy the lights and the music.  This was my highlight of the day!




1 comment:

  1. My mom would be so jealous if she read this!! She wants to go there for a family vacation so badly! :) It looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete