Monday, January 17, 2011

Relax

I feel very fortunate to say that I have enjoyed two relaxing weekends in a row.  It's amazing how refreshed and ready for the week you are when you have the opportunity to just relax.

Both of the past two weekends were spent back in Central Arkansas.  To have the opportunity to get away from our day-to-day life was really nice.  We laid around the house and enjoyed family time.  We went to see a movie the past two Saturdays and that is something we haven't done in a while.

The first movie we saw was "True Grit."  I'm not usually into westerns too much, but this one was exceptionally good.  Maybe it's because it was based on a book by an Arkansas.  I'm sure the fact that it was set in Arkansas didn't hurt either.  Besides those facts, it was just an entertaining movie that made me want to get to know the characters.  I enjoyed it so much, that I have requested the book at our local library.  I am still number 8 on the list so I could be waiting for a while.

I saw "Country Strong" this past weekend with my mom while hubby saw "The Green Hornet."  We were all satisfied with our movie choice.  I enjoyed this movie, but not quite as much as "True Grit."

I love having some time to relax because that makes me enjoy our busier weekends.  I feel so lucky to have a job that allows me the time and money to do those things I enjoy doing.  I am also very grateful to have a family that enjoys going and doing things, but also enjoys taking time to relax and enjoy life.  This balance makes me feel so very blessed and fulfilled.

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait for True Grit to hit DVD! Hubs hates movie theatres, but maybe I'll drag him there sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete