Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mom's Birthday Weekend

We have been all kinds of busy around here lately.  Hubby and I are each taking two graduate classes this semester so we have been trying to get back into the swing of things with that.  After having two snow days last week, it's been a challenge going back to work.  Hubby is now doing after school tutoring two days a week and I am doing a faculty book study about working with guided reading groups.  All of that was just to say that I'm kinda slow getting mom's birthday weekend recap up.

Despite the snow we got last week, mom was able to come up on Saturday to celebrate her birthday.  We started out with a quick lunch at Steak N Shake.  Then, it was time for gifts and cake.  




The cake came from a local bakery that I had heard rave reviews about.  It did not disappoint, either.  Not only was it beautiful; it was delicious.  I got a white cake with fresh strawberry filling.  All I can say is yum!  Another think I really liked about it was that the fondant frosting wasn't super thick.  It was just thick enough to decorate.  We got mom a Razorback snuggie and an iPhone4.  She was happy.

Our day was just getting started, though.  We did a little shopping and then went for a good dinner at Venesian Inn.  Venesian Inn is a local restaurant that has been open since 1947.  We always enjoy meals there, but don't go too often because it is so crowded on weekends, especially football weekends.  We all enjoyed our meals of Italian food and fried chicken.  It may sound like an odd combination, but it works and it makes me excited about the leftovers I inevitably have.

After dinner, we headed to the local high school to watch a fundraising show they were having for the band so they can go on a trip to NYC.  They got the cast from #1 Hits of the 60's in Branson to come into town to do the show.  I knew it was something that mom would enjoy and I was right.  All of us really enjoyed it and had a great time.  I even caught myself singing along at times.

Hubby and I spent Sunday afternoon driving around looking at houses we may be interested in and then it was time for football.  We have to soak it in while we can; only a couple more weeks and it will all be over for the season.  I hope all of you had a great weekend, too.  The week is already half over and another weekend will be upon us before we know it.


1 comment:

  1. Something just occurred to me... You teach in Fay. right? Or in Rogers? My aunt is a teacher - I believe in Rogers! I wonder if ya'll somehow know each other....

    ReplyDelete