Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Real Snow Day (Sorta)

Well, today we really got our snow day, if that's what you want to call it.  We were out of school, there just wasn't a whole lot of snow.  But, I enjoyed it just the same.  I love the surprise of not having to go to work in the middle of the week.  We didn't have anything that was picture worthy, but I was giddy over the idea of having a short work week.

Hubby and I stayed home all day and we kept our pj's on the whole day.  Even though we were home, we didn't sit around all day eating bon-bons and watching soaps.  We actually got a lot accomplished.  There were several little things that we had not taken care of so it was nice to have a chance to get them done.  We decided to get up and do those not-so-fun things so we could spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing.

I will feel good about going back to work tomorrow knowing the house is clean and straightened.  The big bonus is I won't have to cook for a while either.  With the food we already have in the fridge and the curry chicken I made to day, I'm good to go.  I find it so refreshing that I have started finding joy and happiness in the small things.  This change in routine has really been a pick-me-up.  I'm sure watching some TV and getting a chance to read a book and some magazines didn't hurt, either.

Today was definitely a perk of being a teacher.  I got a day off and didn't have to worry about not being there.  I love snow days!

1 comment:

  1. I love knowing the house is clean and I don't have to cook dinner!

    ReplyDelete