Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Before and After

After today I am sure I will have exhausted my material to post about our cat Sadie.  I'm sure today was her least favorite day of the year so far.

This was her this morning while I was eating breakfast.
Untitled

A couple of minutes after that picture was taken, I grabbed her up and shoved her in her carrier/bag against her will.  We then took a five minute ride in the car to the vet's office.  The ride wasn't very pleasant since she cried the whole way.  Things didn't get much better when we arrived.  We got there right at opening along with 2 large dogs and two other meowing cats.

It was time for Sadie's annual grooming/haircut and vaccinations.  I dropped the cat off with the instructions for her haircut (which they followed perfectly) and went on my merry way to work.

This is what she looked like when we got home many hours later.
Untitled
Untitled

My poor kitty was exhausted and mad.  She hates having to be shaved, but I really hate for her to throw up hairballs all summer long.  I also really hate having to clean up the previously mentioned hairballs.  So it is an "ugly" stage that we put up with.

The following picture demonstrates another perk of Sadie getting a haircut.
Untitled

Sadie is not normally cuddly enough to actually lay on my lap.  So I will take it as long as I can get it!

2 comments:

  1. The girls laughed and laughed and then I heard them make a plan to shave Belle!! Poor Sadie, I guess all girls have an unpleasant annual visit for something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm sorry to say I giggled a little. Glad she snuggles for a bit! :) Thank you for your encouraging words on my post!

    ReplyDelete