Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Thoughts


He is risen!

I am so thankful for that.  I have not always been the most spiritual/religious person.  I have always believed in God, but tended to be passive in my beliefs.  However, recently I have found myself desiring a deeper relationship with God.  Since Mike and I have been living mostly apart since November I have been spending more time in prayer and reading my Bible.

I have been searching for peace and comfort.  The only place I have really found it has been through the Bible and my time in prayer.  It has given me a sense of hope and has made me realize I am never alone.  I am trying to be more positive and spend less time worrying.  It makes getting through the week easier.

I am a little disappointed in myself that it has taken me so long to get to this point.  Why am I just now realizing that I am not alone, that I am always loved, and that Jesus died so that MY sins are forgiven.  These are things that I have been taught over and over, but am just now realizing the true power of.

I have a desire to continue to grow my relationship with God.  Mike and I have been make a much bigger effort to attend church regularly.  I always feel so rejuvenated and ready to make it through the week.  We have two churches that we love depending on where we are: Greenbrier First United Methodist, the church we were married in and Central United Methodist here in Fayetteville.  We also are attending events in Fayetteville with The Bridge, a group for 20 and 30 somethings that does different activities together, including community service.  I have also signed up to participate in an online bible study at Women's Bible Cafe.  I want to learn as much as I can about the Bible and this seems like a way I can do that on my schedule.

This Easter season has really reminded me how much I need God and how much better life is with Him in it.  We may not be living in the ideal situation now, but I am able to make it through knowing I am never alone.

1 comment:

  1. You're so smart to choose to use this "hard" time as an opportunity for growth. I'm glad to hear of your progress!

    ReplyDelete