Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Weekend

I had such a fun weekend.  Spring, especially with the weather we are having, makes me so anxious for summer vacation.  I think I am even more like that this year since I spend the majority of the time living by myself.  Only seven and a half more weeks and summer vacation will arrive!

I am relishing my weekends and trying to enjoy every minute of them.  I started this past weekend by taking an art class with my mom.  Here is our masterpiece.

Untitled

We had a lot of fun and I get wait to get the hung up!

We spent Saturday get our garden planted.  We started our seeds several weeks ago inside and thought it was time to get them moved outside.  I don't know if we will get any vegetables, but we do have a lot of fun taking care of the plants.  It was so hot last summer that we didn't get much besides cucumbers.  We'll see how our luck is this year.  We planted cucumbers, tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, beans, peas, onions, garlic, shallots, okra, cilantro, and I'm sure other things that I can't remember at the moment.

Untitled

While we were at Lowe's by soil for the garden yesterday, I also picked up a braided hibiscus.  Hibiscus was one of our favorite flowers that we saw while in Hawaii.  I thought this would be a good reminder of our trip.  There were no blooms on it yesterday, but one opened up overnight.  This is what I saw when I woke up.

Untitled
Untitled

We went to the early service at church today and then headed to Little Rock for lunch.  After lunch, we went to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre's production of "The Wiz."  The shows there are always so enjoyable and today's was a lot of fun.  I had a great weekend and only five more days until the next one. Just have to get through some standardized testing with my students first.

1 comment:

  1. For days I have felt like it's already summer! It just feels like it should already be school's-out! :) Part of the trouble is when the time changed, we had spring break the next week, and my kids went straight to summer schedule between those two things!
    I love that you are taking an art class with your mom...that is very cool!

    ReplyDelete