Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Insomnia and Jeremiah

It is 1:45 a.m. and I am awake for some unknown reason.

*Maybe it's because I drank a Route 44 tea from Sonic today.  The nice thing was they had Happy Hour all day since it was Tax Day.  I treated my team at work to drinks!

* Maybe it's because I can't put all of my work out of my head.  I have a crazy number of parent conferences between now and the end of school.  That's the life of a special education teacher.  I have been working on some of my paperwork, but have gotten as far as I can until I get back to school tomorrow.

* Maybe I'm stressing a little bit about Mike's job situation.  I have been praying for him to find a job in Northwest Arkansas next year.  We have found several and put in applications.  Now it seems to be a waiting game.  I know I am being taught patience with this situation.

If I had my guess, I would say that this case of insomnia is a combination of these factors plus all the other uncertainties I have swirling in my brain.

I cannot get Jeremiah 29:11 out of my head.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm youplans to give you hope and a future."


I just have to trust that God has plans for us.  We just have to listen!

I hope these plans include some rest for this very tired teacher.  Only 26 more days until summer vacation and time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment