Monday, August 2, 2010

Wedding Memories

We have attended a wedding each of the past two weekends.  I love weddings.  They always bring back such good memories for me.  I think back to that day in June of 2007 when hubby and I exchanged our vows. I start thinking of the ceremony, the dresses, the flowers, the food, the cake, and on and on.  To me, that was the most perfect day of my life.  It was also the most perfect wedding I have ever been to.

I don't say that to put down other people's weddings that I have attended. I have immensely enjoyed all of them.  It is an honor to be awitness to the sacred union that is being formed.   I feel everyone should remember their own wedding as perfect.  It is a happy and joyous thing to marry the person you love, your best friend.

Things aren't always easy for hubby and I, but when I stop and think back to that day where we promised to stick by each other, for better or for worse, I know we can make it through anything together.  Seeing other people make that same promise to each other reminds me of how deeply I meant it and will forever mean it. Weddings are a time of reflection for other married couples, and a celebration of a couple's new marriage.

1 comment:

  1. Tis the season for weddings! We're going to one this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete