Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Blog Name

About a month ago, I changed the name of my blog without any explanation.  I just wasn't ready to talk about it yet and there were some things that weren't completely official.  My blog used to be called "Journal of an Army Wife."  I created this blog when hubby was in the Army and preparing to leave for Officer Candidate School.  I wanted it to be an outlet for the thoughts and feelings that I would be dealing with while he was away.  That didn't exactly go as planned and he had to come home early without completing the course.

Our next plan was for him to become an officer by going through the ROTC program while going to school to get his master's degree.  At the same time, he would remain in the National Guard.  Then, the Guard threw a kink in that plan.  They wanted to send hubby off for some additional training that would cause him to be out of school for another year.  That just wasn't an option that hubby was willing to accept.  Instead, he asked to be released from his contract.  They granted the request and discharged him and left him the option of rejoining at a later time.

Hubby really wanted us to be able to get on with out lives, which he felt would have to be put off even further if he didn't begin school immediately.  I understand this now and agree with the decision he made.  At the time, however, I wasn't quite sure how I felt.  I was so proud of him for giving of himself to serve our country and I couldn't see how he could change his mind so easily.  I saw it as being a little selfish.  Now I realize it wasn't selfish at all.  He was trying to look out for our family. We have been discussing when the time would be right for us to have a baby.  With the path that we were on, it would have never been the right time because after finally finishing school and all his training, he would have been facing a deployment.

God gave him the wisdom to look ahead and think about our baby who may or may not have had the opportunity to bond with their father as an infant.  I know the right decision was made for our family at this time.  The door is still open for whatever hubby chooses to do in the future.  I am so blessed to have a husband and a God that look out for me and are able to help me plan for the future.  I could not ask for a life more blessed than the one I have.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm glad he made that decision! That would've been a very difficult road to travel!

    ReplyDelete