Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Few Random Things About Who We Are

I saw this post on my friend, Shannon's, blog.  I like to learn things about my friends so I thought I would share a few things with you.  I would love to learn more about you, too.  Here we go.  Enjoy!!!





1. What are your middle names?
Michael Alexander and Lorrie Anne


2. How long have you been together?
We went on our first day on February 25, 2006 and we got married on June 23, 2007.

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We knew each other online and over the phone for about 6 weeks before we met in person.


4. Who asked who out?
He asked me out.  I was so nervous the day of our first date, that I almost called him and told him I couldn't make it.


5. How old are each of you?
Mike just turned 33 and I will turn 31 in May.

6. Did you go to the same school?
No!  Mike grew up in California and went to college there, too.  I have always lived in Arkansas.


7. Are you from the same home town?
No.  Mike is from Fillmore, California and I am from Greenbrier, Arkansas.


8. Who is the smartest?
It depends on the particular area.  Mike is very good in Math, Logical Thinking, and things like that.  I am better in reading, writing, spelling, and things like that.  We complement each other well.


9. Who majored in what?
Mike majored in Corporate Finance.  I majored in Early Childhood Education and later Early Childhood Special Education.


10. Who is the most sensitive?
I am by far.  I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.


11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
We went to Hawaii on our honeymoon.  We have been lots of places, but that is probably the farthest.

12. Who has the worse temper?
I think I do.  I tend to get stressed and then seem to explode sometimes.  He is so calm and handles me with patience.


13. How many children do you want?
I want 2, but Mike seems to think 3 would be the right number.  We will just have to wait and see how it plays out.


14. Who does the cooking?
We both cook, depending on schedules.  We have a lot of fun cooking together.  It's ideal when we can do it together.


15. Who is more social?
Mike is by far.  I think I would be a recluse if I was allowed.  I enjoy  being in small groups with people I know.  I am doing better and Mike is very encouraging when we are around people I don't know.


16. Who is the neat freak?
Me!  I like having a place for everything and everything being in its place.  This doesn't happen very often, but it's my dream.  Mike wouldn't notice if we didn't even have walking room in our house.  He grew up with an artist mother and brother, so chaos doesn't faze him.


17. Who is the most stubborn?
Even though I don't want to admit it, it's probably me.


18. Who wakes up earlier?
I do by just a few minutes.  Mike usually gets up when I'm done with my shower.

19. Where was your first date?
We went and ate Indian food and then saw a movie.  Brokeback Mountain wasn't the best move choice for a first date.


20. Who has the bigger family?
I am an only child.  So, Mike with one brother has a larger family.


21. Do you get flowers often?
Not too often, but we enjoy picking out fresh flowers together at the Farmer's Market.

22. How do you spend the holidays?
We usually spend the holidays with my family.  My family lives nearby.  His family is in California and Chicago.  His mom usually comes to visit us around the holidays.

23. Who is more jealous?
I don't think either of us is very jealous.


24. How long did it take to get serious?
We got engaged about 2 months after our first date.


25. Who eats more?
He does, but I come in a close second.

26. What do you do for a living?
I am a Special Education teacher.  Mike is in the Army National Guard and he is subbing at my school until he leaves for Officer Candidate School this summer.

27. Who does the laundry?
We both do.  Mike will do the laundry if I ask him.  He doesn't seem to notice otherwise.

28. Who's better with the computer?
Mike

29. Who drives when you are together?
Mike because I don't really enjoy driving.


30. What is your song?
We have only danced once and that was at our wedding.  Our "first dance" was to Everything by Michael Buble`.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I loved reading that. I didn't know much about ya'lls relationship till now. :) So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for an email but couldn’t find one, so I thought I would just comment on your most recent post. I really enjoy reading your blog! I’m very new to the army life, as is my boyfriend, so its comforting to read about people who make it work and really love the lives they lead :) I just wanted to thank you for your uplifting blog, and just ask if you had any advice for surviving all of this with your sanity?!

    Thanks again,
    Ashlie

    ReplyDelete