Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another Snow Day, Really?!?!?!?!

Well, this is snow day #7.  We may or may not have a summer vacation.  Not really, but unless something changes, our last day with students will be June 7 and the teachers' last day will be June 8.  I really hope this is all we are going to miss.   Right now Mike is scheduled to leave for OCS on June 11.  He will be at Camp Robinson in Little Rock beginning on May 10.  I will be able to see him all but one weekend, and if school will ever end, I can go stay in Greenbrier and see him in the evenings until he leaves.  So let's just pray that there are no more winter storms heading our way.  I do have to say the the snow was very beautiful falling yesterday.  We were in school all day because the roads were just wet.  It was so peaceful watching the snow fall outside my classroom window.  It got really cold last night and all the water on the roads froze over.  The sun (yay!) has been out today and now most of the roads are dry.  I have a good feeling about returning to school tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures of our snow!

This is what it looked like when I left for school.

This is a view out my classroom window yesterday.

This is what it looked like this morning.

2 comments:

  1. I miss the snow! I lived in Ohio for all but the last year and it was awesome when it snowed! (most of the time). It hasn't snowed where I live now in Alabama in 1o years. You are an awesome photographer btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to make up a snow day and our district did it the dumbest way possible: for the last two weeks we've gone in 15 minutes early and stayed 21 minutes late. It's been excrutiating. We are so hoping we don't have any more. I wish they had just done it the way your district is.

    ReplyDelete