Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Weekend before last I took a little trip with my mom.  It served a double purpose:  to celebrate my mom's birthday(January 23) and to get my mind off the fact that Mike was leaving and would be gone for what I thought would be 8 weeks.  Well, we all know how that turned out!  We went to Mount Magazine State Park and stayed in the lodge.  We planned on getting out and about and exploring the park.  We signed up for a couple activities.  One was to give us and overview of the part and to see what all was there to do.  The other one was a short hike to give us a brief history of the mountain and past lodges.  Mount Magazine is the highest peak in Arkansas, so we also thought we would take a hike to the official "highest point in Arkansas."  Now that you know all about our plans, let me show you what we actually saw up on that mountain.


You got it.  We saw absolutely nothing.  We were fogged and rained in for two days except for about five minutes when the fog cleared and we got to see this:



and this.....
and this.....
and even this.



But, most of the time we saw this:

and this...

and this...

and this....
and this.



All this means is that I want a do over.  I guess we will go back and try this again, but probably not during winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment