Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Unromantic Valentine's Day

Well, here it is Valentine's night and I am sitting at home alone.  My husband is two and a half hours away and I spent most of the evening at work.  This is parent conference week and tonight was our night to stay late.  I know it may sound like I am complaining, but I'm really kinda glad that I don't have to deal with the pressure of getting all fixed up to go out tonight.  The truth is I'm tired.  It is nice to not have to deal with the holiday.

Don't worry, though.  Hubby and I really like to spread our holidays out.  He got me two bouquets of flowers a week and a half ago and they still look brand new.  Here are the pictures I took of them the day I got them.

pinknpurple

pink bouquet

They still look like that today. Every time I look at them I think of my hubby and how far we have come. Our 4.5 years have flown by in one way, but it seems like we have been together forever in other ways.  We gave each other cards on Sunday, and made plans to go out to Copeland's this upcoming weekend.  Copeland's has become a Valentine's tradition for us since we moved to NWA.  Then, hubby called me this morning and told me to look in his nightstand, where he had hidden another card for me to open this morning.  What a sweet little surprise!

I wish we could have been together today, but since I have Friday off I will get an extra day to be with him over the weekend.  I am just so proud of him.  We found out today that he passed the last test he needed in order to get his standard teaching license when he graduates in May!  Now we just have to find him a job a little closer to me!  I know that God will give us the right opportunity at the right time.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...it's special that you show the love any old time and not just on Valentine's Day. :) I was alone with the kids, if that makes you feel better. haha Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete