Thursday, February 2, 2012

Be Still...

I read a great devotion today written by our pastor at our church in Central Arkansas.

Over the past couple days I have been forced to deal with some issues I didn't even realize I had.  I am not proud of the some of the emotions I have felt, but now I can face them and move on.  The devotion I read today made me realize I could.

The devotion started with this quote:

"The central promise in the Bible is not "I will forgive you," although of course that promise is there. The most frequent promise in the Bible is "I will be with you." ~ John Ortberg


It's comforting to know that I don't have to face my emotions and internal struggles alone.  The devotion continued by having me read Psalm 46.  There could not have been a more perfect passage for me to read right now.


Here are the two verses that really spoke to me:




I will never have to face anything alone.  I just need to stop and ask for help when I need it from someone who is always with me, my heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment