Thursday, August 25, 2011

Three Things I Love Right Now

This past week I have found three things I love. I find things I really like all the time, but I just wanted to get a few of them down so that when I look back over this blog in the future I can reminisce about what I enjoyed in August of 2011.

1. Aqua-aerobics

Source: Google Images

I have really been trying to make an effort to get in more exercise. I know that I need to get into better shape so when the time comes for us to start a family I won't have that going against me. I have tried all kinds of exercise, but this is one I truly enjoy. We bought bikes last spring and while I do love riding my bike with my hubby, the weather isn't always cooperative. Now I can do a combination of both, but always have something I can do no matter what the weather is.



2. The Help

Source: Google Images


We went and saw this movie last weekend and can I just say I loved it. There is a group from my school going this weekend and I am debating about seeing it again in the theater. I know we will buy the Blu-Ray when it comes out. While the movie can in no way compare to the book, it is still amazing. I think there was perfect casting in it. What an inspiration!


3. The Last Lecture



Source: Google Images
 I have had this book for a while, but have kept putting off reading it.  This book is so inspiration and to the point.  We need to enjoy and appreciate what we have.  I don't mark in book very often, besides textbooks, but I have highlghted things in the book that I want to be sure to remember and to take to heart.  Randy Pausch worked on this book while he was dying from pancreatic cancer.  However, the tone of this book isn't about dying, it's about living life to its fullest.  I know that is something I need to do better at and this book has motivated me to do so.

On a completely unrelated note, I start class tonight and it's on reasearch.  Not my favorite subject by far, but I will make the best of it and hopefully come to appreciate the necessity of reasearch, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment