Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It Is Well With My Soul

After a long summer of not really being able to say that phrase, I now whole-heartedly believe it. Don't get me wrong, it has been a great summer and I have enjoyed my time off of work, but in the back of my mind there was always worry nestled there. This worry would peek his head out and I would let it bring me down.

Not anymore! I have made the conscious decision to work on the worry and not let it take a front seat in my life. This summer, we have a a series of messages in church about joy; finding your joy, not let anxiousness and worry steal your joy, etc. I have really taken these messages to heart and am working on not losing my joy.

Is life perfect? No, but as I look at my life I am realizing I have much to be thankful and joyous about. I let the worry of hubby finding a teaching job control me. That may not be a reality for us this year, but will be much more possible after he graduates next year. I have faith that we will be taken care of and will survive with him keeping the same job we had last year. I am not going to the worry and anxiousness about job situations (finances) keep me from being happy. We survived before with this job and we can do it again. God is not going to put us in a situation that we can't handle. I keep thinking of the Lord's Prayer and the phrase, "thy will be done." This is my mantra and it is bringing me peace. This peace is making it all well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment