Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

I know it has been awhile since I last posted.  We have been pretty busy and yet I haven't been inspired to post anything.  We had a wonderful trip to Dallas over Spring Break, which was kind of unexpected.  I didn't know there was so much to see and do there.  I still hope to do a post or two about our trip.  But, today I am going to give a little update of what is going on.

*  This week is Benchmark testing week, what this whole school year has been building up to.  I am testing a small group of 5th graders.  They get as long as they need to take the test, which can make the day seem a little long.  On the positive side, though, I am having a lot of quiet time to think.

*  I have hit the time of year at work where I am extremely busy!  It is easy to become overwhelmed.  I have to conferencce with all 25 families of the children I provide special education services to, some more than once.  I also have to conference with the incoming kindergarteners that may need special education services.  I love having the chance to visit with the families, but there is also A LOT of paperwork to prepare before each conference.  The good news is by the time I'm done with all the conferences, Summer Vacation will be here.

*   We finally got our new bicycles in and have been able to ride several times.  April 1st was the first chance we had to ride.  Since then we have ridden about 37 miles.  I really enjoy it and the exercise is good for us.  Plus, Fayetteville has some really nice trails that let us mix up our route!

*  The last thing I have is some really good news: hubby passed the first section of his Praxis test!!!  The Praxis is the test that Arkansas requires everyone to take to get a teaching license.  Hubby passed the part that is required for him to get his license for next year.   We are still waiting on the results of the other Praxis test he took, but he doesn't have to have that part passed until after next year.  Now, we just have to find a job.

I hope everyone is having a great Spring so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment