Saturday, March 6, 2010

Drill Guilt?

Well, this is Mike's Drill weekend again.  Yesterday afternoon as he was driving to Little Rock, I drove to meet my mom at Mt. Nebo.  It is so beautiful and peaceful here.  We grilled hamburgers, went on a couple of hikes, and just relaxed.  In total, we probably walked about 3-4 miles.  I'm so not in good enough shape to do that, but my goal is to get that way.  I brought Mike's fancy camera along, so I'll post some pics once he can help me get them on the computer.  I guess I should have paid better attention when he was trying to show me how to use the camera.  Note to self:  learn how to use camera before Mike leaves for OCS again!  Anyway, I kind of feel bad for getting to come and relax while Mike is gone and working the whole weekend.  I know there isn't really anything I can do about it, but I wish he was here with us.  He spent his day on a 5 mile march, classes, and who knows what other training.  He has been up since 4:45 and I have for the most part of the day, been lazy.  Mom and I planned this trip when we thought Mike would still be gone for OCS.  It would be a way to help me get my mind of missing him.  But, I still miss him.  He's glad I came and can't wait to see the pictures, but I can't help feeling a little bad.  Does anyone else feel a little guilty when they have time off and their loved one still has to work?

2 comments:

  1. Yep! My husband works an insane amount of hours and sometimes it's really crazy late when he gets home and I've been asleep for hours at that point - makes me feel bad. But, like you said, you can't do a thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a (not so) easy solution: have kids. Then the drill guilt will be his ;) DH is on drill right now and no matter how much heavy artillery he is shooting off, I am sure it is more relaxing then two kids simultaneously throwing epic tantrums.

    ReplyDelete