Monday, February 18, 2013

Guess What??!!

I know that things have been quiet on the blog front for the past several months, but I have big news to share.

Announcement

We are so excited!!!  We had been trying for several months.  I had a feeling that I should take a pregnancy test.  So I did and I got my first positive on December 11, 2012.  I waited a few days and got my second positive on December 14, 2012.

_X2A7376

We took off for our Christmas vacation at Disney World.  This trip was really fun and we found ourselves talking about what our trips would be like with our baby.

We won't have an ultrasound until April, but we did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time on January 29, 2013.  There is no way to describe the feeling of hearing your baby's heartbeat.  That was the first proof we had that let us know there was a little baby there.

I posted the above picture on Facebook to announce our pregnancy on Monday, February 11, 2013.  We didn't post on Facebook until we had let our family and close friends know.  It has been so fun to see everyone's reaction.  I think a lot of people were beginning to wonder when we were going to have kids.  It has only taken us 5 1/2 years!

I feel so lucky that I haven't really had morning sickness.  There has been a lot of nausea, but nothing much worse than that.  I am also really tired, but I do realize I could be feeling so much worse.  I am very thankful for that.

Note:  Sorry for all the dates and less than appealing details, but I really want to document this pregnancy before I forget everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment