Monday, September 26, 2011

They Don't Make Them Like That Anymore

This past Saturday Mom, hubby, and I went and saw the week's number 1 movie.  We saw The Lion King.  I love that movie so much.  It has all the elemens that make for a good movie in my opinion.  I laughed, I cried, and I got the chills all in a span of 89 minutes.  It also has great music and a message of loyalty, love, and family.  This movie makes me so nostalgic.  I first saw it when it was released 17 years ago.  I was almost grown then, but still in high.  I was at the end of my childhood and looking forward to the future.  Now, I am far removed from my childhood and sometimes wish I could go back to that simpler time.  I've seen this movie multiple times since, have seen the Broadway play, and mini-productions of it at Disney World, but nothing brings back the memories like sitting in a movie theater with popcorn.  There are very few movies that have that same effect on my today.  I don't know if it's the quality of movies has gone down or the fact that I have grown up and see things through different eyes.

In other weekend happenings, I watched my beloved Hogs lose to Alabama.  I saw lots of negative feedback on Facebook, which makes me sad.  If we had won these same people would have been singing the team's praises.  The truth is that Alabama was a better team than us on Saturday for a variety of reasons and I love my team just the same.   

We were also busy scheduling a weekend trip to Branson at the end of October and our annual Thanksgiving trip to Chicago.  We have a lot of fun and exciting things coming up this fall including much more Razorback football.

No comments:

Post a Comment